National List MP based in the Hutt Valley Chris Bishop is congratulating the successful Hutt companies in the 2016 Wellington Regional Young Enterprise Scheme awards.
“It was a real privilege to be at the awards last night and see the Hutt so ably represented and do so well. The competition this year was bigger and better than ever – so big that the Hutt had its own region!”
The top three overall teams from the Hutt were:
First: Ease Coconut Milk (Hutt Valley High School)
Second: Prestige Men’s Products (Wainuiomata High School)
Third: Granville St (Hutt International Boys’ School)
“Each of the three overall finalists had an innovative and exciting product. I was very impressed by all of the teams when I saw them present at the Dragons’ Den earlier in the year.
Prestige Men’s Products was also a finalist in the Hutt City Youth Award Entrepreneurship category earlier in the year.
The Hutt winners in each category were:
• Enterprising Innovation: Ease Coconut Milk (Hutt Valley High School)
• Marketing Excellence: Granville Street (Hutt International Boys’ School)
• Financial Management: Lumiere (Sacred Heart College)
• Sustainable Business Practice: Prestige Men’s Products (Wainuiomata High School)
• Social Impact: Happy Feet (Hutt Valley High School)
• Business Commitment: Infinite Beauty (Upper Hutt College)
“I was really pleased to see Happy Feet pick up the Social Impact Award. Their social enterprise idea of co-ordinating the collection of second-hand shoes and giving them to charities who need them was something I really enjoyed helping with.”
“Well done to everyone involved in a Young Enterprise company this year. It’s a great programme and I’m sure everyone learned a huge amount over the course of the year.”