Bishop congratulates winning Hutt Young Enterprise companies
National List MP based in the Hutt Valley Chris Bishop is congratulating the successful Hutt companies in the 2016 Wellington Regional Young Enterprise Scheme awards.
“It was a real privilege to be at the awards last night and see the Hutt so ably represented and do so well. The competition this year was bigger and better than ever – so big that the Hutt had its own region!”
The top three overall teams from the Hutt were:
First: Ease Coconut Milk (Hutt Valley High School)
Second: Prestige Men’s Products (Wainuiomata High School)
Third: Granville St (Hutt International Boys’ School)
“Each of the three overall finalists had an innovative and exciting product. I was very impressed by all of the teams when I saw them present at the Dragons’ Den earlier in the year.
Prestige Men’s Products was also a finalist in the Hutt City Youth Award Entrepreneurship category earlier in the year.
The Hutt winners in each category were:
• Enterprising Innovation: Ease Coconut Milk (Hutt Valley High School)
• Marketing Excellence: Granville Street (Hutt International Boys’ School)
• Financial Management: Lumiere (Sacred Heart College)
• Sustainable Business Practice: Prestige Men’s Products (Wainuiomata High School)
• Social Impact: Happy Feet (Hutt Valley High School)
• Business Commitment: Infinite Beauty (Upper Hutt College)
“I was really pleased to see Happy Feet pick up the Social Impact Award. Their social enterprise idea of co-ordinating the collection of second-hand shoes and giving them to charities who need them was something I really enjoyed helping with.”
“Well done to everyone involved in a Young Enterprise company this year. It’s a great programme and I’m sure everyone learned a huge amount over the course of the year.”